Hi, I am extremely happy to announce that my brand new course ” Essential Git & GitHub – Project Management & Version control ” is out today.
I packed everything that you need as a beginner or intermediate Web Developer (Front of Back-End) to learn and understand version management and version control and start collaborating with others in one single course.
As always, at course launch day, please find attached your coupons for lowest price possible.
5 Days coupon code
31 Days coupon code
What is Version Control?
What is Git?
What is GitHub?
Why Should I learn Git and GitHub ?
All this questions are answered here.
Git and GitHub are essential tools that sooner or later each developer needs to learn.
Hi! My name is Norbert and this is my Git and GitHub for complete beginners course.
Eider you are a freelancer or work at a company the probabilities that you will collaborate with others on a project or multiple projects, are prate hi to most certain. Even if you go full lonely wolf you still need some sort of backup, redundancy, version control and remote repository system.
No matter if you’re just getting started with (web) development, or applying for a developer job or if you just need to refresh your knowledge on Git and GitHub, version control and version management are a core skills and a must know for all developers.
The best toll on the market for version control are Git and GitHub, and they are the most popular version management and repository systems. Also the synergy between Git and GitHub makes them a reliable source for remote work. Also combining them with Microsoft Visual Studio Code will increase your development speed.
This course will guide you from a complete beginner with 0 knowledge of Git and GitHub, to be confident and efficient when working with version control and version management systems.
Absolutely No prier knowledge is required.
What will you learn ?
- Essential Mac and Windows terminal commends for
- Accessing files and directories using the Mac Terminal and Windows cmd
- Creating and Deleting files and directories using the Mac Terminal and Windows cmd
- Flagging files and directories using the Mac Terminal and Windows cmd
- Copying, Renaming and Moving files and directories using the Mac Terminal and Windows cmd
- What is Git and version management
- How Git works and how to install git on Mac and PC
- How to create a repository in git
- How to add, commnit and log your commits to a git repository
- What are branches, how to create, merge and delete branches
- How .gitignore works
- What is GitHub remote control
- How git and GitHub work together
- How to go from a local repository to a remote repository
- How to create a GitHub Account, and your first Remote repository
- How to connect and pushing to your repository, also log your pushing history and branches
- What are Remote and local tracking branches
- How to create a local tracking branch
- From Local-Remote Workflow important commands
- From Remote to local repositories with “Cloning“
- What is the upstream, branches with and without
- How to delete branches and public commits
- How GitHub collaboration works
- What the difference between Public and Privat Repositories is
- How to change a Public to a private repository and back
- How to Fork a repository
- How to create a pull request, accepting and merging the pull request to the main branch
- How to add and remove collaborators from a repository
- How to contribute to open source projects and repositories
- How you can host your websites on GitHub
- What is GitHub Pages and how it works
- How to create a website using GitHub pages
- What is a static site generator and how to create a static website and host it on GitHub
- How to add more content to a website by adding multiple pages
- How to publish and unpublish your website using GitHub Pages.
- Real World Projects
- Create and contribute to a modern-landing-page repository
- Contribute to the BarniCoin-Blockchain (NOT A REAL BLOCKCHAIN)