In this episode of Weekly code quickies I will analyze Gary Veynerchuck AKA GaryVee interview withMark Zuckerberg the CEO of Meta about his future plans for the Metaverse and the Web 3.0
Here are the topics todays episode:
– Web3 / Metaverse
– The Metaverse ETF
– Hydrogen Framework
Listen to the podcast on: Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/de/podcast/weekly-code-quickies-with-norbert-b-m/id1455776215
00:00 – Introduction and topics
00:49 – Mark Zuckerberg about Web3 / Metaverse
01:55 – Is the Metavers similar to the early days of Facebook
03:14 – Why did Mark Zuckerberg acquire Oculus so early on?
05:07 – Are contact lenses the future of augmented reality ?
07:51 – Will the Metaverse core focus be the attention grab
10:23 – What is Mark Zuckerberg stand on NFTs
11:00 – What is the real problem with the Metaverse ?
12:34 – How to invest in the Metaverse ETF
13:10 – What is a ETF?
17:58 – What is Hydrogen Framework
18:30 – Why build a custom storefront?
#metaverse #nft #WCQ
Web3 / Metaverse
Last week Gary Veynerchuck AKA GaryVee interviewed Mark Zuckerberg the CEO of Meta about his future plans for the Metaverse and the Web 3.0 . And after GaryVee interupted Mr. Zuckerberg like a thousand times asking a question and then immediately interrupting the answer, I would say that here are the highlights of this interview:
If you dident kwon it alrady GaryVee is masivly involved in the NFT space (Non fungeble tokens) witch makes this interwiev have a lot of scence.
- GaryVee : “wehere dose he feel like that the meteverse is going and how is it similiar to the early days of Facebook” Zuckerberg: “metavers is the next frontier in social connection “, we are a tehmnology first compony that builds tehnlogogly to advance humen conection, “building platformes and experiences that deliver the sence of presence, like you are right there with another person”. I am still wayting on smallOvision
- GaryVee : “Why did he aquire oculus so urly on, almost 7 yers ago” Zuckerberg: he felt the aldow you can take you phone enywave, he coudend deliver the emercivenes throught it.
Zuckerberg nkows thet he lost the reace for the smart phones, and that he has no chanch whatsoever on defeeting Apple. He also knows that he dosen’t yo fight them on there own turf, rather come out with a new tehnology that will sill the attention of the users.
- GaryVee : “are contecklenses the future of augmentet reality” Zuckerberg: “there are people working on this… but the problem is connection and energy ” GaryVee : also anserwd with “what if I would swallow a 5G pill” wich a thought was helarious Zuckerberg: then added that in the near future we will see “normal looking glasses that can project holograms in to the world “I would like to add hear that META already colaberated with Ray-Ban for creating Ray-Ban Stories: First-Generation Smart Glasses. I also have a pary of Ray-Ban sunglasses and I can totally understand the move of Meta to lieach themselves to one of the most know and fashionable sunn glases out there, again trying to copy Apple and Beets by Dre in order to create some kine of fashion movement. But i honetsly did’t see even one person running around with them, more then that, I coudent even find them on Ray-Ban’s official website.
- GaryVee : “will metaverse core focuse be the atention grap” Zuckerberg : “Absolutely… we have to weave all these new technologies through these social apps, because you want to be able to jump in to the metaverse and a 3d experience from your instagram fe ed… a lot of the descoveri will be thru this social media platforms”After this question Mark Zuckerberg got in to big pain point of his. That is, missing out on the Smart phone. Because Smart phones are the gate keepers for all of his app, and he know that if the gate keepers close the gates than its over. And we just witnest a small dispute between Facebook and Apple.Mark Zuckerberg also adds hear that he would love to build a bunch apps but he is “constraind into to this little rectangle and policies that some other companies set”. I find this perticular centance a huge stab at Apple, and adds to this that the sooner we get to the new platform the better and more magical these social experiances will be, wich I just find so proposteres. If enithig, this social platfoms have devidet people more then ever and diasociatate eny social experiance, making emotinal bulling just a few keystroks away.
- GaryVee : then Gary asks Mark Zuckerberg What is hes stand on NFT’s Zuckerberg : This is ware Mark Zuckerberg reaveals the reason of the existence of the Metavers. Having virtual stuff that you own, and it is “portable between different experiences”. This coplle of words are what send shiwers down my spine.What is the real problem with the Metaverse ?Did you ever hear the saying, “the stuff that you own ands up owning you”? When you have stuff that you care about you are not willing to give it up that easaly, morso if you can conviniently moviet around throu the holl univers.Also if you want to have stuff in the metavers, you most likly will need to pay for it. And this is where it all makes sance. Until that day comes, facebook aka META , owend your data and soled it to the market, the market depending on the market price then payd for this data. But if Mark Zuckerberg puls of the metavers succesfuly, then he will be the gatekeeper to the howl univers. And in this univers he will not only control the price of entry but the monetery sistem itself.Meta will be Juge Jury and executionar on you finances , on your stuff and at the end on your life in that univers.
Check out the entier interview : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwyyxEJCIuU
The Metaverse ETF
What Is an ETF?
An Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) is a type of security that tracks an index, sector, commodity, or other asset, but which can be purchased or sold on a stock exchange the same way a regular stock can. An ETF can be structured to track anything from the price of an individual commodity to a large and diverse collection of securities. ETFs can even be structured to track specific investment strategies.
A well-known example is the SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SPY), which tracks the S&P 500 Index. ETFs can contain many types of investments, including stocks, commodities, bonds, or a mixture of investment types. An exchange traded fund is a marketable security, meaning it has an associated price that allows it to be easily bought and sold.
- An exchange traded fund (ETF) is a basket of securities that trade on an exchange just like a stock does.
- ETF share prices fluctuate all day as the ETF is bought and sold; this is different from mutual funds that only trade once a day after the market closes.1
- ETFs can contain all types of investments including stocks, commodities, or bonds; some offer U.S.-only holdings, while others are international.
- ETFs offer low expense ratios and fewer broker commissions than buying the stocks individually does.
Should you invest in the META ETF?
What is Hydrogen ?
Hydrogen is React-based framework for building custom storefronts on Shopify. A custom storefront is an example of a headless commerce model, where the frontend and backend of your storefront are independent.
Why build a custom storefront?
If a merchant’s desired business system architecture, business process, or customer experience can’t be achieved with Shopify’s existing sales channels, custom themes, and apps, then consider building a custom storefront.
Key benefits Building a custom storefront offers the following key benefits:
Flexibility: The Storefront API is device and platform-agnostic. You can build a custom storefront using any programming language, which adds flexibility to your workflow. Customization: You can build a solution that grows and adapts with the merchant’s business. As customer trends and interactions change, the commerce solution can adapt quickly to long-term market shifts in customer acquisition. Integration: Bring your own tools, technology stack, and experience, and integrate your custom backend with Shopify commerce data.
It gives you everything you need to start fast, build fast, and deliver the best personalized shopping experiences.
Hydrogen is a front-end web development framework used for building Shopify custom storefronts. It includes the structure, components, and tooling you need to get started so you can spend your time styling and designing features that make your brand unique.